Worcester elder law lawyers can provide invaluable help to veterans. Veterans may be entitled to many different benefits that can improve their quality of life and help them to remain financially stable as they get older and cope with costs associated with age and infirmity. Unfortunately, many veterans don’t know of all of the different benefits they could possibly receive through the Veterans’ Administration and many do not know how to apply for and obtain the benefits they deserve.
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. provides assistance to veterans in taking action to make a benefits claim. We can help you as you age to determine exactly what benefits can be useful to both you and to your family members. Give us a call today to find out more about what our Worcester elder law lawyers can do for former members of the military and their loved ones.
How can Worcester Elder Law Lawyers Assist Veterans?
There are many important ways that the experienced legal team at The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. can provide assistance with veterans’ benefits. We can help veterans and their families to:
- Understand the different kinds of benefits programs available. There are a huge number of different programs that cater to elderly veterans. These programs can range from hospice care to medical foster care to adult daycare or community nursing homes. Worcester elder law lawyers will explain to you all of the benefits that the VA offers to someone with your service record.
- Apply for benefits: The VA system is plagued with problems. Not only are there long waits for some essential health services at many VA hospitals, but there are also issues with obtaining benefits for many veterans. The VA has problems with computers, among other issues, and there is an entrenched bureaucracy at the Veterans’ Administration that has made navigating the system very difficult for many veterans. An experienced attorney understands what is involved in applying and can help to make sure an application is completed properly and that the entirety of the application process moves along as swiftly as it can.
- Obtain financial supports: If veterans meet certain criteria, like being unable to do routine activities on their own because they are bedridden, then the veteran may be eligible to receive Aid & Attendance (A&A). Aid and attendance gives veterans a boost their pensions. The goal is helping to defray costs of expensive long-term care services such as nursing home or home care service.
- Monitor the status of a benefits application: It can take time to be approved for veterans’ benefits and you want the process to move as quickly as possible when you are waiting for important benefits. We can help you to move the process of applying for benefits along as quickly as possible and can assist you in monitoring the status of your application.
- Respond to problems: If you are denied benefits that you should be entitled to, our legal team will work closely with you to identify problems with your application and to rectify any issues that are preventing you from obtaining benefits. We can help you to take the appropriate steps with the VA to get your claim reconsidered or to submit a new benefits claim with the proper documentation so you can obtain vital veterans’ benefits that you have earned through your service.
Our legal team not only helps veterans to obtain benefits, but we can also help to ensure that caregivers of veterans are taking advantage of all programs available to them, such as respite care, that makes providing for a loved one easier.
Getting Help from Worcester Elder Law Lawyers
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. has helped many veterans and their families to work within the veterans’ benefits system to get the full benefits that they deserve. We understand the different programs available, we are familiar with the application process for obtaining veterans’ benefits and we will guide you through the entirety of the process so you and your loved ones can get help to maximize your quality of life and address your health issues as you age.
To find out more about the ways in which Worcester elder law lawyers at The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. can assist you, join us for a free seminar. You can also give us a call at 866-370-3888 or contact us online to get personalized advice specific to your situation. Call today to learn more.
Latest posts by Attorney Jim Miller (see all)
- Boston Startups Are Serving the Elderly Population - August 31, 2017
- What is Custodial Care and Why Does it Matter? - August 29, 2017
- Do You Need Asset Protection Attorneys If You’re Not Very Wealthy? - August 24, 2017