An elder law attorney can provide help with some of the most important issues that affect your life. An attorney who provides elder law services is going to help you make plans in case something happens to you some day, like a sickness or an injury. Your attorney can also help you to make smart financial planning moves, can assist you in protecting assets, and can help you to plan for a strong legacy so you can shape your family’s life after you are gone.
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. is here to provide you with the help that you need with all of the elder law issues that matter to you. Our legal team knows how difficult it can be to find a trusted legal professional who can offer you the kinds of advice you need to make important decisions about your future. We want to help you make smart choices and we want to use our legal experience to make the law work for you. Give us a call today to find out more.
What Makes A Good Elder Law Attorney?
When you hire an elder law attorney, you want to make certain that you are entrusting some of the most important decisions that you will make to a lawyer who you can count on.
The legal advice that you get can have a huge impact on how well you are able to protect yourself, your assets, and your loved ones. Some of the key things that you should think about as you look for a lawyer include the following:
- Membership in professional organizations: You want your attorney to be a committed professional in his field who is focused on staying up-to-date on the laws affecting your estate planning and other elder law matters. Look for a lawyer who is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and a member of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys. Membership in these professional organizations shows that your attorney has proven skills and undergoes regular continuing education training.
- Experience: You want your attorney to have a lot of experience in his field so your attorney will know the law inside and out and be ready to address all of the legal questions you have.
- The provision of a wide array of services: Elder law attorneys provide a lot of different kinds of financial services. It is not just older people who can benefit from working with an elder law attorney. If you want to plan for who can care for your minor kids in case something happens to you, or if you are concerned about how you’ll ever be able to save for retirement, these are some of the things an elder law professional can help with. You want your attorney to provide a wide array of different services so you will have one person to turn to for advice on planning for many issues that matter to your future.
- Compassion: You are going to be addressing important matters like what kinds of lifesaving medical care you do, and don’t, want to receive if you are sick. When you make these kinds of difficult decisions, you want a lawyer who is going to be compassionate and understanding.
- Communication skills: Your attorney is going to need to explain your options and answer your questions. You want a lawyer who is going to be able to communicate clearly and who will get back to you in a timely manner about questions you have.
- Affordability: It is important to make certain that you can afford the legal services you receive. Make sure your lawyer is willing to be cost-conscious about working within your budget to create your plan.
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. can help you to find answers to questions you have about elder law and can assist you with understanding all of the services that we provide for you to plan for your future.
Getting Help from An Elder Law Attorney
Hiring the right elder law attorney can make all the difference when it comes to making an incapacity plan, legacy plan, estate plan, and more. You want to ensure that you are prepared for the unexpected and that you have planned ahead to achieve financial security in your life.
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. can help. Give us a call at 866-370-3888 or contact us online to find out more about the ways a Worcester elder law attorney can assist you.
Latest posts by Attorney Jim Miller (see all)
- Boston Startups Are Serving the Elderly Population - August 31, 2017
- What is Custodial Care and Why Does it Matter? - August 29, 2017
- Do You Need Asset Protection Attorneys If You’re Not Very Wealthy? - August 24, 2017