Many people have misconceptions about the field of elder law. It is important to dispel some common myths about this area of the law, as you could end up putting yourself and your loved ones in a bad situation if you do not take advantage of important services that an elder law attorney provides.
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. offers comprehensive assistance with a wide variety of elder law matters. Our legal team can help you to learn the truth about elder law and we can provide the kind of legal advice you need to ensure that you are able to make the law work for you. Give us a call to find out more about the ways in which a Worcester elder law attorney can help you.
Common Myths About Elder Law
Harboring misconceptions or mistaken beliefs about elder law can prevent you from taking advantage of essential legal services and can make it difficult or impossible for you to be truly prepared to build a secure future for yourself and the people in your life.
Some of the common myths about elder law that many people mistakenly believe include:
- Myth: Only old people need elder law services. This is one of the most damaging myths about elder law. The misconception that elder law is for older people is a natural mistaken given the name of this area of law. The reality is, the issues that are addressed including asset protection, achieving financial security and protecting families, are issues that matter to everyone, of all ages. It may be even more essential to get elder law help when you are young and have young kids under 18 who you are responsible for. You’ll need help finding the right ways to name a guardian in case something happens to you and to make certain that the children are provided for financially in appropriate ways.
- Myth: Elder law is just about what happens after you die. Estate planning is a component of elder law, but addressing end-of-life issues is just one of many things that an elder law attorney can do. An attorney in the field of elder law also helps with many other things besides estate planning, including asset protection, business succession issues, incapacity planning, charitable giving, and more.
- Myth: You can handle elder law issues on your own. Many people think they can just make a DIY will and print out advanced directive forms off the Internet. This is a bad idea. First, elder law attorneys do a lot more than just help plan for sickness and for the transfer of assets using a will. Second, you could make mistakes in making your plans and creating documents if you work off the Internet or kits you buy. The types of things an elder law attorney helps you to do are simply too important to try to handle on your own with the potential for mistakes.
- Myth: There is no rush to get elder law services. If you do not have an incapacity plan, retirement plan, legacy plan, and other plans in place, you need to act now to get in touch with an elder law attorney. Life can change in the blink of an eye, and something could happen to you at any time that makes it impossible to make plans for your future or to protect your loved ones. You want to have plans in place before something goes wrong.
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. can help you to dispel misconceptions and learn the truth about the field of elder law. Our legal team is here to provide all of the different services that you may need from am elder law attorney, from asset protection to retirement plan to incapacity plan and more. You should not wait to talk with an elder law attorney and our legal team is here to help you today.
Getting Help from A Worcester Elder Law Attorney
You need to not only understand the truth about elder law, but must also make certain that you get legal services from an elder law attorney who can help you to make effective use of legal tools to achieve a more secure future.
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. is here to provide legal advice to people of all ages and in all life situations who need assistance with elder law matters. To discover more about the types of things that an elder law attorney actually does for clients, join us for a free seminar. You can also give us a call at 866-370-3888 or contact us online to speak with a legal advocate who can provide you with personalized assistance making your plans for the future. Give us a call now to get started.
Latest posts by Attorney Jim Miller (see all)
- Boston Startups Are Serving the Elderly Population - August 31, 2017
- What is Custodial Care and Why Does it Matter? - August 29, 2017
- Do You Need Asset Protection Attorneys If You’re Not Very Wealthy? - August 24, 2017