A Worcester estate planning attorney provides assistance with the creation of an appropriate estate plan for your financial situation and life stage. You should make an estate plan as soon as you have assets that you care about protecting or as soon as there are people who depend upon you. If you want control over end-of-life issues and want to be prepared in case of incapacity, you also need to have an estate plan.
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. can assist you with your plan creation so you can use legal tools and estate planning documents in a smart way to address the estate planning issues that matter to you. Give us a call to find out about the services provided by our legal team to guide you through the estate planning process. We can also help you to prepare to start the estate planning process and to get ready to work effectively with an experienced attorney.
Preparing to Meet with a Worcester Estate Planning Lawyer
As you prepare to meet with an estate planning lawyer, you should think about doing a few things before your initial meeting. You can:
- List goals you have for meeting with a lawyer. What do you want your Worcester estate planning lawyer to actually do for you? If you are not certain about the kinds of estate planning tools you actually need, that’s not a problem- we’ll help you to set your goals. You can just try to generally think about the situation you hope to create for yourself and your family and the services that you are hoping your lawyer will offer.
- List questions you have for your attorney. You probably have lots of different questions about the estate planning process and what you need to do to make your plans for the future. You should list the questions that you are going to ask your attorney so you don’t forget anything and can make the wisest use of your time.
- Gather any current estate planning documents you have. If you have already created a will, advanced directives, power of attorney or other estate planning tools, you can bring those with you to your meeting. Your attorney can review the estate planning steps you have taken already and help you to determine what you want to update or if there are more effective estate planning tools to use.
These are some of the key steps that you may want to do before you come to a first meeting with an estate planning lawyer. If you schedule a consultation with The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C., our legal team can help you to determine what, if anything, you want to bring to your first meeting or what you want to do before your first consultation. If you are not sure where to start, that’s fine too as our legal team can help to guide you through each phase and each step in the estate planning process.
When Should You Meet with a Worcester Estate Planning Lawyer?
You should meet with an estate planning lawyer if you have not updated your estate plan in a while and any of your life circumstances have changed. A birth, a death, a change in financial circumstances, and a host of other life changes can necessitate an update to your estate plan.
If you have no plans in place at all, you should also meet with an estate planning attorney. You want to talk with a lawyer even if you are young and even if you do not yet have tons of assets to protect. The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. helps you to build wealth, keep your current assets safe, and ensure that you don’t put you and your family in a difficult situation in case of incapacity or serious illness.
Getting Help from A Worcester Estate Planning Lawyer?
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. has provided comprehensive estate planning help to many clients throughout Worcester and surrounding areas in Massachusetts. We know all of the documents you can use and steps you can take to make a legally valid estate plan that provides appropriate protection for you and your family. You can find out more about what is involved in the estate planning process by downloading a free estate planning worksheet. You can also give us a call at 866-370-3888 or contact us online to get help from a Worcester estate planning attorney. Contact us today to get started on your plans.
Latest posts by Attorney Jim Miller (see all)
- Boston Startups Are Serving the Elderly Population - August 31, 2017
- What is Custodial Care and Why Does it Matter? - August 29, 2017
- Do You Need Asset Protection Attorneys If You’re Not Very Wealthy? - August 24, 2017