A Worcester estate planning attorney can offer you assistance with making some of the most important decisions about your future. An estate planning attorney can help you to make full and effective use of legal tools that provide strong protections at the end of your life and for your loved ons after you are gone. Since the tasks an estate planning lawyer helps with are so important, you need to make certain that you find the right lawyer to offer you assistance.
When you are thinking about working with an estate planning lawyer, there are some questions that you should ask to make certain that your attorney is going to be able to provide the type of legal service you need and deserve.
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. has provided help to many clients throughout Massachusetts in making a comprehensive estate plan and our legal team has the knowledge and compassion you deserve as you think about the end of your life and your legacy. We are happy to answer questions you have, so give us a call to find out about the services our firm can offer you.
Questions to Ask a Worcester Estate Planning Attorney
When hiring an estate planning attorney, some of the key questions you should think about asking include:
- What experience do you have with estate planning? There are different fields of law, and vast differences between the services that lawyers provide. Estate planning requires extensive knowledge of esoteric rules about trusts, probate, and more. Any attorney who you hire to work with you on your estate plan should be a lawyer whose firm is solely focused on elder law and estate planning matters.
- Are you a member of any professional organizations? It is always a good idea to hire an estate planning attorney who is a member of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys. When your attorney is a part of this organization, this can give you the confidence that your lawyer has demonstrated experience in estate planning. You can also rest assured your lawyer is up-to-date on all new legal developments because continued education in the field of estate planning is required to maintain membership.
- What services can you offer? You want to find out if your lawyer is going to be able to offer you all different kinds of estate planning and elder law services such as creating a last will and testament; creating trusts; avoiding the probate process; creating advanced directives, making plans for asset protection and more.
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. has extensive experience and we provide all of the different services that you need to make an estate plan that addresses asset protection, charitable giving, end of life issues, protection of heirs, avoidance of estate tax, and more. We can help you to define the estate planning goals that matter most to you and your family and to make certain that those goals are achieved.
Why is it So Important to Find the Right Worcester Estate Planning Attorney?
Your estate planning is going to shape your legacy and help you to determine how your family is provided for after you pass away. When you make your plans, you cannot afford to miss out on the use of any estate planning tools you need to protect your assets or to make certain that a gift you give to heirs is structured in a smart way. You also cannot afford any mistakes in the planning process, as problems with estate planning documents might not be discovered until it is too late to correct issues.
A Worcester estate planing attorney can help to make certain that your estate plan is comprehensive and addresses the specific issues that matter most. We can help to address any special needs your heirs might have, and will make sure all legal tools you use, including a last will and testament and various types of trusts, are valid and provide expected protections. You can count on us to make an estate plan that works for you and the people you care about.
Getting Help from A Worcester Estate Planning Attorney
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. is a trusted provider of elder law and estate planning services. When you need a lawyer to provide you with help making a will, or creating a more comprehensive estate plan, we can help. To find out more about the services an estate planning lawyer can provide to you, download a free estate planning worksheet. You can also give us a call at 866-370-3888 or contact us online to get personalized assistance with your estate planning process.
Latest posts by Attorney Jim Miller (see all)
- Boston Startups Are Serving the Elderly Population - August 31, 2017
- What is Custodial Care and Why Does it Matter? - August 29, 2017
- Do You Need Asset Protection Attorneys If You’re Not Very Wealthy? - August 24, 2017