Starting a family is one of the most rewarding things you can do. Whether you have just gotten married, are living with a partner, or are having a baby, it is a wonderful feeling to know you have people in your life who you love so deeply.
Having a family also comes with responsibility, as you want to make sure your loved ones are kept safe and secure and are never forced to struggle financially or make painful medical decisions for you. You want to make a strong plan to achieve your goals for the future when you have a young family, and you need to understand the different steps to take to grow your assets, protect your nest egg, and plan for unexpected tragedies.
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. helps young families in Worcester and Burlington, MA as well as surrounding areas. Give us a call today at 866-417-4566 to find out about personalized assistance we offer to those who are starting out on careers; embarking on new marriages; having babies, and otherwise taking great steps towards a rich life. We also can offer you answers to general questions you may have including:
- Why should young families get legal advice?
- What are some things you need to do to protect your family?
- How can a Worcester attorney help young families in Massachusetts?
Why Should Young Families Get Legal Advice?
When you get married, have a child, or have someone depending upon you, you owe it to the people who you love to take steps to protect them. If you get sick or pass away unexpectedly, you do not want your loved ones to be uncertain about what medical decisions to make for you and you do not want your loved ones to struggle financially after you are gone. You can get the advice and assistance you need to provide a strong legacy and to make life easier for your family if tragedy strikes.
When you get legal advice, you can also get help planning to accomplish the goals you may have for yourself and for your family. You may want to pay for your child’s college education; to cover the costs of retirement and enjoy your golden years; and to make sure that the assets you have begun to acquire are protected even when the future is uncertain. An attorney can provide details on some of the important legal tools which are available to you to best protect the people who you care about.
What are Some Things You Need to Do To Protect Your Family?
Some of the things you may need to do in order to provide the best protection for the people who you love include:
- Creating advanced directives. A living will and a Do Not Resuscitate order can be used to specify what kinds of care you do, and do not, wish to receive. You can also name a healthcare proxy so there is no question about who should make care choices for you.
- Creating an asset protection plan. If you have begun to build wealth and you want to leave a legacy for your loved ones, you need to make sure your assets are kept safe. This means taking care to protect yourself against losses which could occur if you require expensive nursing home care. It also means taking steps to reduce or avoid estate taxes, and to protect heirs who may be careless with money or at risk of bankruptcy or creditor claims.
- Making provisions for young children. If you have a child, you must make sure you have named a guardian in case something happens to you. You may also wish to provide financially for your child in the event of your death.
These are just a few of many different steps you need to take in order to ensure that your family is cared for no matter what. An attorney can provide personalized solutions.
How Can a Worcester Attorney Help Young Families in Massachusetts?
The Law Offices of James A. Miller, P.C. 866-417-4566 is dedicated to providing the types of legal advice young families need to accomplish their goals and to be prepared in case of bumps in the road. When you want to set your family on the right path and make sure your future is secure as possible, give us a call today at 866-417-4566 or contact us online. We provide assistance to clients in Worcester, Burlington, and surrounding areas throughout Massachusetts and we have a long track record of successfully offering practical, affordable advice to young families. Give us a call today to learn more.